8/2/13

The Creative Mind aka Crazy Brains



I am laying in bed a few years back trying to sleep and my wife can tell I'm still awake because I'm not snoring like a jet engine as per usual. "Why can't you sleep, boo boo?" She says as I reveal to the blog readers that I am also known as boo boo.

"Brain movies." I say simply.

"Brain Movies?"

"Yeah they are very weird tonight and I can't stop watching."

"Just stop thinking about it."

"I'm not thinking, I'm just watching and it's keeping me up."

"I don't know what your talking about. What the hell is a brain movie?"

"You know swirling changing images on the backs of your eyelids when you close your eyes."

"Are you sure your not having a brain embolism?"

"What, you don't have brain movies?"

"No, I don't think that's a thing boo. Tell me what you're seeing now."

"There is an elephant and his trunk is gone now he turned into a shark and then a flower that is purple now there is a skyscraper and its filled with green lava and the sky is furry like grass and"

"are you on some kind of drugs?"

"No. Just brain movies. You sure you don't see anything when you close your eyes?"

"Just blackness. I think about things, but I don't see images. Are you sure you're okay?"

   I thought this was the way that everyone was until she pointed out that I have crazy brains. Every time it's quiet and I close my eyes I am immersed in a vibrant world of violently changing images. I've talked to some people and they look at me like I'm crazy, but my tattoo artist when probed said that this was how his brain worked as well. So my question is this an artist thing? Do artists all have a swirl of imagery in their minds that is visible when they close their eyes?