8/7/13

The Writers of Google+

   I've recently been making my presence known on Google+ within the writing community there. I am truly enjoying the experience and am happy to see less snobbery than was my previous experience with other literary types offline.

    There is a lot of information out there and they are very supportive of one another. There are several new or unsure writers who are gaining much from their interactions with professionals. Writing is lonely and the process takes up much of a writer's mind. I have had some interactions where the writer is so caught up in their heads that reality has become twisted for them. If there is anything I have learned from my time online is that I refuse to be tortured by what I love. I've listed things I've learned from Google+ so far on what I don't want to do.

Obsess over word count

Sound like a know it all

Be a tortured artist

Half read a comment and then sound like an idiot

Ask unique questions

Use +1 rather than repeating a comment.


Well that's my short list. I encourage any artist that has not done so already to join a community on Google plus.